Benzie Bus connects people of all ages and abilities to our community and promotes independence and prosperity through a safe and convenient public transit system.
Benzie Bus envisions a future in our Benzie County community in which: • All people can live, learn, work, and play conveniently and independently without driving. • People choose to travel via public transportation because it is a safe, affordable, modern, and environmentally friendly way of getting where they want to go. • Employers and employees prosper with convenient transportation solutions that support and strengthen communities and the local economy. • Families are strengthened and sustained through cost-effective and convenient transportation choices for all family members.
BELIEFS & VALUES
At Benzie Bus, we believe that: • Our community has a moral and economic obligation to provide transportation alternatives to people of all ages and abilities.
• Our transportation system is customer-centered. We provide service that is safe, clean, convenient, affordable, accessible, timely, and dependable. We earn our customers’ trust by providing service that is friendly, courteous, respectful, and responsive to customer needs. We will actively pursue continuous public outreach and involvement.
• Our publicly funded transportation system must be a wise steward of the public trust. We operate with fiscal responsibility, competence, integrity, and a spirit of openness and transparency. We actively communicate with the public via direct contact with our staff and board; public outreach; contact with business, groups, and government; our printed materials and website (www.benziebus.com); and the mass media.
• Our public transportation system plays an important role in shaping regional growth patterns, protecting rural character and scenic beauty, and improving the quality of life in our community. We operate and grow our public transportation system in a way that supports vibrant communities and protects the rural landscape.
• A well-designed public transportation system can support an environmentally sustainable future, control urban sprawl by promoting responsible or “smart” growth, increase energy alternatives and conservation, and reduce traffic congestion. We pursue alternative fuels, including the potential for generating some energy locally through wind, solar, biofuels, and other renewable resources. We will connect our bus system with environmentally friendly mobility options including bicycling, walking, and carpooling. We encourage “green” building and operational practices at all our facilities.
• No single organization can provide all the transportation solutions needed by our customers. We build broad-based collaborations to blend a wide variety of seamless transportation options into a flexible and responsive network focused on the needs of all people. We act as a regional leader in seeking to collaborate with other bus systems (at the regional, state, and national level), government, businesses, school systems, health care institutions, social service and civic organizations, places of worship, and other entities generally in order to deliver integrated service and benefit from efficiencies and economies of scale.
• Our employees are the first line of contact with our customers and, therefore, we value our employees as integral to the success of our organization. Our employees will be well trained and project professionalism through their actions and appearance and their upkeep of the buses and facilities. • Our public transportation system should be a leader in its industry through the use of modern technology related to clean fuels and innovative service, including the prospect of providing on-board wireless Internet access and real-time information at bus stops (and via the Internet) regarding when the next bus will arrive. We will seek to be at the forefront of transportation technologies related to delivering excellent service that meets our community’s social, economic, and environmental goals.
This is the background of the Bottom Area shown below. It'll display correctly on published site.
If you don't want background for the bottom area, simply hover over the bottom of this image to delete it. The background of the bottom area will be a solid dark color.
Benzie Transportation 14150 US Highway 31 Beulah, Michigan 49617