Benzie Bus provides equal opportunities and transportation for all people to access Benzie County and regional destinations regardless of age, ability, or income.
Health and Happiness
Public transportation improves the quality of life for all Benzie residents by connecting people to:
• Health care (doctors, hospitals & pharmacies)
• Social activities and organizations (senior centers, service organizations)
• Places of worship, faith, family, friends, and the entire area
Our public buses improve the local economy by connecting residents, visitors, and consumers to:
• Entertainment & recreation
Education and Job Training
Benzie Bus improves educational opportunities and our workforce by connecting
students and workers to:
• Education (public/private schools, libraries, etc.)
• Job training
• Welfare to Work and other social service programs
Local Transportation Study
The Benzie County Human Services Collaborating Body, funded through a grant from the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), conducted a study of transportation options for Benzie County. The continuing growth of the county and the levels of transportation service provided by various social service agencies warranted a review of opportunities to coordinate, consolidate, and provide transportation to agency clients and potentially people in the county more cost effectively. The Corradino Group, a national transportation consultant, conducted the study.