Benzie Bus was notified that it has been awarded a MDOT Transportation Enhancement grant for approximately $28,000. This grant will permit Benzie Bus to purchase and install stainless steel bike racks that will hold 2 bikes on the front of each bus. This will allow passengers access to numerous riding trails within the Benzie, Manistee, Grand Traverse and Leelanauy Counties. Please read the information provided to assist you on how to load and unload your bikes correctly.
NOTE: A a rider must request a bike rack when making a reservation; not all vehicles have bike racks. Benzie Bus is not responsible for any damages that may incurred by the use of our bike racks or anything accidental.
1. When approaching a bus make sure it has come to a complete stop; then, lower the rack with one hand while supporting the bike with the other hand (the rack is labeled where to pull, release and lower).
2. After lowering the rack, place the bike into either of the rack's wheel wells. Both bike positions are completely independent of one another, making it easy to load or unload a second bike with one already loaded.
3. The self-storing support arm allows the rider to load all bikes in the same way. The rack contacts the bike's tires only, and no contact is made with the frame, reducing any potential damage to a loaded bike.
4. After quickly raising the support arm up and over the front tire, you are ready to board the bus.
5. Once loaded, the bike is held firmly in place. To unload the bike, simply reverse this process. Once you have removed your bike, and, if there are no other bikes on the rack, please return the bike rack to its upright position.
Feel free to contact Benzie Bus with additional questions- (231) 325-3000.
Copyright © 2007 Benzie Bus - All Rights Reserved